The front page of a very early Plenty catalogue extolling the vrtues of both the 'modern' Plenty-Still engine and their after sales service. Whilst this engine was made under licence, it had the hand of Kent-Norris laid upon it to improve the design.
The company had not yet had the designation of 'The Newbury Diesel Company' bestowed upon it neither had the 'Sirron' name entered into service. The KIngs Road address clearly shows that the work was now taking place away from the parent company base.
The engine room of the tug Carlos Lumb built for an Argentinian company was fitted with a pair of Plenty-Still engines and along with the Plenty warranty engineer, sailed under her own power to the Argentine. This is a view of the two engines as fitted. Serial No 571 and 572 designated 5P50 supplied in 1928
Below, the sea going tug Carlos Lumb at trials prior to delivery